This position is responsible for directly assisting World Central Kitchen’s (WCK) Clean Cooking program through the planning, monitoring and coordination of school kitchen renovation and construction projects and the Food Safety and Kitchen Skills (FSKS) program which engages professional chef trainers to work with school and community kitchen cooks to train them in basic sanitary kitchen and food handling practices with the goal of advancing human and environmental health.
This position reports to the Director of Clean Cooking and is based in Ciudad Vieja, Guatemala. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with other teams or projects in other Caribbean and Central American countries such as Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti, etc. Travel between program locations is likely.
This is a contractor position to start no later than August 15, 2021 with an initial 3 month engagement and a strong likelihood of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
School Kitchen Renovation amp; Construction Management
- Coordinate with school Directors, cooks, and relevant Ministry of Education authorities.
- Deploy and conduct the WCK Needs Based Assessment surveys and analysis of school infrastructure, equipment, and safety needs.
- Ensure that data collection is complete and accurately recorded.
- Analyze data from assessments utilizing WCK identified priority areas.
- Establish relationships with potential project contractors.
- Manage, coordinate, and plan surveys and visits with architects and construction workers in schools to finalize program budgets.
- Assist in the development of paperwork required for construction authorizations and relevant permissions.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement timelines and project deliverables with contractors or grant partners.
- Collect photos and supporting documentation from schools and assist in the preparation of reports for WCK use.
- Assist in the selection, organization, and management of trainings for FSKS Chef trainers in collaboration with Resilience Culinary Training team members.
- Supervise and manage the FSKS Chef trainers.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement FSKS training schedules in schools or other institutional settings.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement training schedules for the Clean Cooking Program using the FSKS Chef trainers to teach relevant topics such as Pressure Cooker Usage and Safety.
- Collect data and performance measurements as required.
- Assist Resilience Culinary Training team members as needed.
General Program Management
- Maintain regular communication and reporting of activities with the Director of Clean Cooking and Resilience Culinary Training team members as needed.
- Assist the Director of Clean cooking in program budget and milestone development.
- Ensure that programs are implemented according to established budget and timelines.
- Maintain program documentation, including plans, reports, and performance measurements data.
- Assign tasks and maintain schedules organized with constant communication of program activity progress to team members and relevant stake holders participating in the program.
- Assist in the collection of financial documentation for processing payments to contractors.
- Ensure performance measurement data is collected and reported to the Director of Clean cooking.
- Meet with and build upon already established relationships with various stakeholders.
- Attend meetings, networking events or conferences as needed to help grow the organization and establish relationships relevant to program activities.
- Respond, and forward as appropriate, phone and email inquiries regarding WCK’s activities.
- Regularly report on own activities and program milestones to supervisor.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and events related to activities in the areas of program operation such as Guatemala, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti, etc.
- Offer operational and logistics assistance at WCK events in Guatemala, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti, etc.
- Supports WCK’s Chef Relief Team in providing efficient disaster feeding efforts during times of emergency.
- Perform other duties as required to support the overall growth and development of the organization.
- Minimum 2-3 years of industry related experience in similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English. French or Haitian Creole a plus.
- Skilled in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint or Keynote.
- International Development grant and project coordination experience highly desired.
- Data analysis experience strongly preferred.